The Youngs are the co-national directors of field ministries for the high school ministry of Cru (formerly Campus Crusade for Christ). Their role is to recruit and teach leaders how to evangelize and disciple high school students.
Cru offers spiritual guidance, resources, and programs tailored to people from all cultures and walks of life. These are some of their ministries:
- Cru’s college campus ministry reaches out to students in 2,300 U.S campuses. More than 101,000 students and facility members have participated in this ministry.
- Cru’s city ministry serves in more than 35 cities and partners with approximately 2,000 churches and organizations to help mobilize Christ-followers to share God’s love throughout the city.
- The Cru ministry, FamilyLife, sponsors marriage getaways (Weekend to Remember) and other events. More than 4 million people in 109 countries have participated. Nearly 100 million people have heard Dennis and Barbara Rainey on their daily radio programs FamilyLife Today and Real FamilyLife. Many others have found biblical help and encouragement online at FamilyLife.com, in their books and marriage devotionals, and by participating in a Homebuilders or Connect Series Bible study.
- Athletes in Action, Cru’s sports ministry, has outreaches in 64 countries including 225 college campuses and in 46 professional U.S. sports teams. Its sports media touches the lives of an estimated 100 million people annually.
- Cru Military ministers to military installations and communities in all 50 states and at deployed units (ships, flight lines and foxholes).
- Cru sponsors showings of The JESUS film. This film has been shown in more than 1,700 languages and in every nation in the world. To date, the Jesus Film Project is responsible for more than eight billion exposures to the gospel and more than 570 million total estimated decisions for Christ.
Cru was originally founded as Campus Crusade for Christ in 1951 when Bill and Vonette Bright began the ministry on the UCLA campus.